Keeogo Powered Walking Device
Keeogo™ is a powered walking assistance device and is the first product in the class of Dermoskeletons™. Keeogo™ is designed to help individuals with mobility related challenges that limit their ability to participate in daily activities such as walking, climbing or descending stairs, sitting down or standing up.
Keeogo™ is designed to help individuals with mobility related challenges that limit their ability to participate in daily activities such as walking, climbing or descending stairs, sitting down or standing up. Keeogo™ utilizes sensors at the knee and hip joints to detect the movement you would like to do, then provides the needed assistance to help you complete it. AMS has partnered with KEEOGO to offer two options to our patients:
- FIRST STEPS WITH KEEOGO™ : training to integrate KEEOGO into your activities of daily living.
- PHYSICAL CONDITIONING WITH KEEOGO™: rehabilitation using the KEEOGO
FIRST STEPS WITH KEEOGO™
This program is for those with mild to moderate mobility issues who require training to independently wear, consistently activate, and integrate Keeogo™ into their daily lives.
The program consists of physical training focusing on movements where Keeogo™ provides assistance. Preparation for home use of Keeogo™ by training movements that pertain to: walking, sitting, squatting, kneeling, standing up, and using stairs.
The program will consist of the following steps:
- Evaluate mobility limitations: strength, balance, and/or range of motion and identify factors that impact the use of Keeogo™.
- Set realistic objectives and personalize a training program with the goal of developing mobility capacities to activate Keeogo™.
- Segment the training program into progressive steps meant to improve the quality of functional movements.
- Integrate Keeogo™ use into daily home life.
Keeogo™ “First Steps” Goals
- Improved balance, stability, range of motion, proprioception, and strength in lower body.
- Integration of exercise into daily life.
- Increased autonomy from enhancements in mobility.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONING WITH KEEOGO™
This program is for those with mild mobility problems, who are fairly independent and wish to use Keeogo™ specifically to improve their general fitness.
This program will be personalized to each individual’s physical capacity, rate of progression and personal goals. To this end, supplementary exercises focusing on training core strength, balance/stability, and stretching may be conducted as needed.
Use the Keeogo to permit you to do exercises pain free. This will allow your muscles to strengthen properly and hence be able to improve your overall mobility, and balance.
During this program we will do the following:
- Evaluate your physical condition to establish your baseline.
- Set realistic objectives for improving mobility, endurance, and the strength of lower extremities.
- Learn to use Keeogo™ as a training tool.
- Initiate physical conditioning program and progress to the next levels.
- Continue the physical conditioning program to maintain acquired functional capacities.
Keeogo™ Physicial Conditioning Goals
- Improved muscular endurance, strength, and mobility.
- Increased and improved capacity to perform daily activities.
- Improved overall fitness and independance.
- May reduce the rate at which deterioration from certain underlying pathologies progresses.
Note: All products sold or supplied through this website as well as through the AMS Clinics are provided by Réadaptation Brioute inc.